SJM Holdings Limited Announces Annual Results for the Year Ended 31 December 2009
(Hong Kong, 29 March 2010) – SJM Holdings Limited (HKSE: 880) today announced its annual results for the year ended 31 December 2009.
KEY POINTS ON THE ANNUAL RESULTS OF SJM HOLDINGS LIMITED:
- Gaming revenue grew by 21.7%, exceeding the 9.7% growth rate of casino gaming revenue in Macau.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased at an even greater rate of 41.8%, reflecting efficiency gains made by the Group.
- Profit attributable to owners of the Company grew by 13.9%, after depreciation charge for the Grand Lisboa Hotel, which opened in December 2008.
- Sociedade de Jogos de Macau, S.A. (“SJM”) continued to lead in market share of the Macau casino gaming market, with 40.7% of mass market table gaming revenue and 25.8% of VIP gaming revenue, and increased its overall market share to 29.4% from 26.5% in 2008.
- The Group maintained its strong financial position, with cash, bank balances and pledged bank deposits totalling HK.7 billion as at 31 December 2009.
- Casino Grand Lisboa continued to perform strongly in 2009, contributing Adjusted Property EBITDA of HK,654 million for the year and Adjusted Property EBITDA margin of 17.5% on the basis of generally accepted accounting principles in Hong Kong. If prepared on the basis of generally accepted accounting principles in the United States, the Adjusted Property EBITDA margin of Casino Grand Lisboa would be 25.8% for 2009.
- Casino Grand Lisboa’s daily net-win per mass market gaming table increased by 23.6%, net-win per VIP gaming table increased by 12.9% and net-win per slot machine increased by 27.0%.
- New VIP gaming areas opened on the 36th floor of the Grand Lisboa, and two additional high-vista floors are scheduled to open for VIP patrons later in 2010.
Casino Oceanus at Jai Alai, SJM’s newest self-promoted casino and the closest casino to the Macau Maritime Terminal, was completed on schedule and on budget, and opened on 15 December 2009.
- During 2009 SJM obtained more attractive terms in revised service agreements for its satellite (third party-promoted) casinos, and opened three additional satellite casinos: Casino Jimei, Casino Lan Kwai Fong Macau and Casino L’Arc Macau.
- A final dividend of HK9.0 cents per share has been proposed.
Speaking on the annual results, Dr. Ambrose So, Chief Executive Officer of SJM Holdings Limited, said, “The additions to our casino capacity and improvements in efficiency that we accomplished over the past year are showing positive results and, combined with our financial strength, put us in an even more favourable position for the future.”
Further information on SJM Holdings Limited including the Company’s audited financial statements can be found on www.sjmholdings.com.