SJM Holdings Announces First Half 2011 Results
Revenue up 42%; Adjusted EBITDA up 56%; Net Profit up 70%
Adjusted EBITDA Margin Increased
(Hong Kong, 10 August 2011) – SJM Holdings Limited (the "Company") today announced the unaudited consolidated interim results of the Company and its subsidiaries (the "Group") for the six months ended 30 June 2011.
- In addition to the increases in gaming revenue, Adjusted EBITDA and profit attributable to owners of the Company of 41.5%, 56.4% and 70.1%, respectively, from the year-earlier period, the Group's Adjusted EBITDA Margin (Hong Kong GAAP basis) improved to 9.2% from 8.4%, reflecting greater efficiency of the Group's operations.
- The Group's VIP gaming revenue, mass market table gaming revenue and slot machines operations revenue grew by 50.5%, 22.7% and 37.9%, respectively, in the first half of 2011, compared with the year-earlier period.
- Sociedade de Jogos de Macau, S.A. ("SJM") continued to lead in market share of the Macau casino gaming market, with 38.2% of mass market table gaming revenue, 30.1% of VIP gaming revenue, and overall gaming market share of 31.1%.
- The Group maintained a strong financial position with cash, bank balances and pledged bank deposits of HK.2 billion as at 30 June 2011.
- The Group continued to obtain strong performance from its flagship Casino Grand Lisboa, which increased revenue, Adjusted EBITDA and attributable profit by 64.4%, 62.2% and 55.9%, respectively, as compared to the year-earlier period.
- Hotel Grand Lisboa achieved average occupancy of 89.3% and average daily room rate of HK,065, increases of 22.7% and 6.8% from the year-earlier period.
- An interim dividend of HK8 cents per ordinary share has been declared.
Speaking on the first half results, Dr. Ambrose So, Chief Executive Officer of SJM Holdings Limited, said "In the first half of 2011, SJM continued to lead the market in Macau, with strong results in both our VIP and mass market gaming businesses. During the period our net profit, Adjusted EBITDA and revenue all increased substantially. On a quarterly basis, we completed our tenth straight quarter of growth in revenue and Adjusted EBITDA, and we showed sustained improvement in our operating margin. We are optimistic about the balance of the year."
Further information on SJM Holdings Limited can be found on www.sjmholdings.com.